Suicide is the first virus released by me.
Its written in Java, using BlueJ
I wrote it after I heard of Perforin's idea to use the printer for the payload and I thought Java is a good language for such a payload. But I only managed to write the payload for Windows, so I decided to write a whole virus in Java.
There aren't many viruses written in Java, but it's a nice langugage for viruses because it runs on every platform.
Suicide infects every *.jar file in the current directory:
- copy the hostfile to ".filename" and hide it if we are running under Windows
- copy the virus to "filename"
- read the hostfile and add its content to "filename" (the virus) seperated by a splitstring
- delete ".filename"
Run infected files:
- check if the current file is infected (if not, delete it)
- read the whole file and split it at the splitstring
- write the second part to ".filename", hide it if we are under Windows and set it as executable
- execute ".filename" and delete it
- print the class "Suicide"
- flood the current directory with rand(1000) textfiles